Preparation for The Fish Curry
1. Swiftly marinate the fish with all the ingredients. Make sure that all the pieces are well marinated and further leave it for some time.
2. On a pan, add 1Tbsp oil and fry the onions until it turns golden. Add tomatoes and sauté it until it becomes soft.
3. Meanwhile, add coconut, saunf, turmeric and red chilli powder. Now fry the mixture until the fragrance comes out.
4. Blend the mixture into a smooth and coarse paste. You can also add 2 Tbsp of water so that the gravy stays.
5. Fry the fish slightly in 1Tsp oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Brown it in such a way so that the raw smell goes away. Also, sear the fish appropriately.
Making the Fish Curry
1. On a pan, add 1 Tbsp oil. Further, allow the cumin to spread in the pan. Now, fry onions and green chillies until it becomes golden.
2. Saute the ginger-garlic so that the raw smell goes off. Add red chilli powder along with the garam masala. Fry until the aroma spreads out.
3. Now gently add 1 ¼ cup of water and boil it for sometimes. You will see that the oil begins to separate, forming a thick gravy.
4. Drop the fish and cook it in medium heat. Keep flipping the fish for 3 to 4 minutes. Cook from both side and see whether the fish bulges out. If it is thoroughly cooked, the fish will bulge out.
5. At last, you can also garnish the fish curry with coriander leaves to make it taste better.
Once you fish curry is ready, please do not mix the fish and gravy alongside while serving as the fish will rupture due to its tenderness.