1. Marinate the chicken with chilli powder, salt and lemon juice for over 20 minutes. After that, add yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala powder, oil, turmeric and dried fenugreek leaves.
2. Keep the marinated chicken for 12 hours in your refrigerator before cook time. This will help it to be more tender.
3. Now add cashews in a blender along with tomatoes to make a refine puree. Along with that, add ginger garlic paste.
4. Grill or roast chicken
5. You can grill the chicken in two different ways
Heat the oven for over 20 minutes at 240 degrees celsius. Grill the meat for about 30 minutes according to the size of the chicken. However, keep in mind that the chicken doesnt loses its tenderness.
On a pan, add butter along with the marinade, fry the chicken on high flame.
1. Heat a pan and add butter in it. Further, sauté cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon for a minute. Add ginger-garlic paste along with green chillies and fry it until you smell the fragrance.
2. Pour the tomato cashew puree and add sugar and salt with red chilli powder. Mix the ingredients until the puree becomes dense. You will figure out that the puree starts getting associated.
3. Meanwhile, add a cup of water, boil the mixture for 5 minutes, now add chicken and simmer it for 5 minutes. Once it boils, the chicken becomes more tender, add garam masala with powdered dried fenugreek
4. Stir the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes and pour chilled cream and switch off the stove. You can also garnish butter chicken with extra gravy and coriander leaves. Now you can relish your homemade butter chicken.
The butter chicken recipe needs chicken marination for 4 to 5 hours. This will help you to make it softer and tastier. The gravy may curdle if the stove is not immediately switched off.